Here are list of services that I have been using since 2014.
- Cision — the most popular and well known. It has big database of journalist and possibility to send them emails. However, the database is not updating regularly. It is also pricy. Hint: while speaking with sales representative don’t hesitate to negotiate a big discount.
- MuckRack — the same as Cision, also pricy but database is more up to date.
- Prowly — not that much famous, however, it has a good database of journalist especially in Europe and only around $400
- PRAI.co — new platform the only one that can generate pitch for you and automate PR process. It is cheap, $99 only, and have up to date database and bunch of other free tools.
- Rocketreach — good place to check updated database of journalist but you can not email them via platform. Not expensive also.
As you can see, there are a variety of services to choose from when it comes to finding and contacting journalists. While Cision and MuckRack are the most well-known and popular choices, they can be pricey. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, Prowly is a good choice, especially if you’re targeting European journalists. And if you’re looking